I love these cookies! They are so easy to make and who doesn’t like a chocolate cookie? These are great anytime of year but are an easy recipe to take to a cookie swap. They are dairy free, gluten free, soy free and nut free.
3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
3 egg whites at room temperature (you can also use egg whites in the box!)
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (we use Trader Joe’s semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line a cookie sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper
- In a bowl mix together powdered sugar and cocoa
- Add the egg whites slowly. If the dough is too runny the cookies will spread out too much as they cook. They will still be yummy, just not in circular form.
- Once the dough is wet but not runny add the vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir until the chips are incorporated throughout.
- Scoop batter into mounds about two tablespoons in size onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 13-15 minutes until the tops are shiny and cracked.
- Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a plate to finish cooling.