We have all been there. At a fancy party where there is nothing you can eat and everyone is RAVING about a certain dish. This was one of those dishes.
I can see why everyone loved it. It is very indulgent and makes boring old cornbread something to celebrate.
Of course my favorite thing to serve it with is Quinoa Black Bean Soup topped with copious amounts of cilantro.
- 6 ounces sugar
- 12 ounces sweet rice flour
- 5 ounces yellow corn meal
- 1 ounce baking powder
- 3 eggs separated
- 4 ounces butter melted
- 10 ounces of full fat coconut milk
- 8 ounces cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a bowl combine dry ingredients (sugar, rice flour, corn meal, and baking powder)
- In another bowl combine egg yolks, heavy cream, bacon, and butter. Stir to combine.
- In a bowl whip egg whites till stiff peaks form.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients, along with the poppy seeds.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Once the mixture is completely incorporated pour into a greased 9×13 dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean.