How are you doing? Are you anxious and worried. Me too. I thought I would do a post with some of the things that I hope will help me through this uncertain time.
- Routines! As a Professional Organizer routines are my life blood. I felt very ungrounded the last few days, even weeks with all the swirling news and prep anxiety. Creating routines can help normalize some of what we are all about to go through. Take some time to think about the things you want to do and how your energy flows through out the day. Be flexible with yourself until you get into a flow with your new routines.
- Move. Make sure to get exercise. There are great free Youtube videos, my favorite is Yoga by Adrienne. My feline Benji’s are always there to take up room on my yoga mat. I will be upping my step goal from 10K to 12K and plan on at least two walks a day.
- Listen to a great podcast. Today I listened to one of my favorites, Happier with Gretchen Rubin. Here special bonus really had some great tips for being happier during this time and I plan on sharing my “19 for COVID-19” tomorrow.
- Get outside and take a “green break”. Even though it is still mostly brown and gray here in Chicago (and white last night), the trees are starting to bud and the bulbs are popping up! I can’t wait to see the happy yellow daffodils everywhere.
- Use technology to your advantage. I must admit that I am a luddite often when it comes to technology. But I plan on using this time to hone my video conferencing skills and facetiming someone daily.
- Hygge to the rescue. I have fallen by the wayside of inviting hygge into my everyday. I have incorporated it into some of my daily routines but reminding myself that I am not watching tv while eating to enjoy my food more and feel cozy will help me to feel like I am taking care of myself.
I am trying to keep most things in my life the same. I will cook and bake. I will start to get my garden ready. I will share some great gluten-free and allergy-free foods, and I will work on some of those things that I keep pushing aside.
Yesterday was Pi day and I made Strawberry Pie for dessert. Simple traditions are sometimes the best things.